Re: [OM] OT: Automotive Rant

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Automotive Rant
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 20:04:07 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
I have a cousin who was early in that business.  When draining old oil, they
pulled out the plug and washer and tossed them in the trash. It was replaced
with a "hard rubber" plug, self threading. This enabled them to hire minimum
wage untrained employees. He got a contract from a local ambulance service. the
oil was changed, the ambulance returned, and soon it got a call.  On the way to
the call, the plug dropped out and the crankcase was emptied on the road.
Didn't go well.

I take my car to my regular mechanic for oil changes. A trained and certificed
mechanic changes the oil. A bit more expensive, but I pay for peace of mind.