Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Macro Experiment with Leica-R 60 Elmarit Macro Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:09:25 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Gotta love that water trough, Mike.   Is that a stack?

Deep dof achieved the olde fashioned way.  Dr. Diffraction would have been
furious.  F10 on MFT, sheesh. That hiking cam doesn't do focus bracketing and
that lens is a pain to
adjust manually.  I had a light 'pod and an app GSimplerelase on my phone so
could have done so.  After the 5 ish hour uphill hike and no lunch yet I
stopped down and hoped for the best.
I learned early on OM that it is usually better to offend Dr. Diffraction  than
not have enough DOF.  I don't think that conclusion has changed that much with
the new tools but focus bracketing is a more elegant solution.  Two seconds on
my EM1Mkiii.  Sonnie  doesn't do focus bracketing and the Arsenal gizmo  to fix
that was a bust.  Thanks for looking.

Diffracted Mike