Re: [OM] First Snow on the Eagle River

Subject: Re: [OM] First Snow on the Eagle River
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:30:54 +0200
Thanks Ken - my command of the French language is so so-so ;-) I’ve only been
using it for less than a century ...

I believe portage is nowadays exclusively used in (jargon) terms of
finance/banking when someone performs $ operations in the name of another. Of
course, it is specific to the trade, and the layman or taxpayer doesn’t know
about it ...

https://www.peche.com/article/33519/venez-recenser-votre-cale-de-mise-a-l-eau-sur-yacht-cub-reseau-social-de-la-mer

<https://www.peche.com/article/33519/venez-recenser-votre-cale-de-mise-a-l-eau-sur-yacht-cub-reseau-social-de-la-mer>

But after all, who cares ;-)

There are so many/manies examples of this kind of hidjacking between our
languages, both ways, that I sometimes lose count and laugh it out :-)

Thanks again for clarifying this one for me.

Amities

Philippe