Re: [OM] Halide app for newer iPhones

Subject: Re: [OM] Halide app for newer iPhones
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 21:44:31 -0700
On 10/26/2020 1:51 AM, Philippe wrote:
Well, I’m a bit embarassed with these trials. The native JPEGs look more
natural and attractive to my eye this morning, sorry. But the thread remains
informative about the possibilities available these days, thanks ! :-)

Well, smeary is a valid artistic option. :-)  Having been there, and eaten it, I can say that the JPEG of the Salad is very unlike the subject itself.

The processed Halide DNG is much more like the salad looked in life.

For the sunset, I can see the overall scene as more romantic in the JPEG. Look at the lower tree in the 100% versions. The JPEG is artsily* abstract. Think of another subject, where one might want the details to be more accurately defined.

Keep exprimenting* for us ;-)

I do it mostly to indulge my 'satiable curiosity. The rest is collateral
benefits. :-D

Laughing Moose

* It appears we both make up words?