Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam

Subject: Re: [OM] OT, strategy to protect phone cam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 16:40:45 -0700
<<How? The lens 'pod' already sticks out from the camera body. The mechanism
you suggest would make the protrusion deeper and much larger.

Yes, redesign  with robust mechanism would be necessary but would be quite
practical.

"iPhone Surprise! New iPhone 12 model, XXL Pro 'Fat Maxx' announced!"

"Includes shutter to protect lenses from keys, knives, coins, flashlights, personal protection Projectile devices, fishing gear, nail clippers, lock picks, etc. Thicker body allows huge battery; perfect for those two week camping trips!"

Alternatively  better designed cases would solve the issue.  Not sure Marnie
would like to keep her
case in a case.

With Case B, Case A not needed?

She can scratch those cam covers and they can be replaced--some are a bit of a
pain to get off, I read.  Perhaps a microfiber pouch would work, but will be a
tough sell.
I had seen  one case with a slider to protect the cam but they were too ugly
for  her.

Poir moi, These bigger phones are tougher to carry easily as you mention.
Storyleather will make a custom case for a belt, but suspect it would look
HUGE--not that I care that much.  One can then put a case in a case, but that
is a bulky somewhat inelegant solution.

Phone pocket in pants . . .

Solved Moose