Re: [OM] Autumn lillypads

Subject: Re: [OM] Autumn lillypads
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 08:08:20 -0700
At 10/28/2020 09:29 PM, Moose wrote:

>On 10/27/2020 7:03 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:

>>>Pretty! I love those kind of shots.
>>>
>>>Take a lot, too.
>>I like as well. This shot has a soothing feeling/mood to it.
>
>>Sometimes I am my own worst critic, often looking for that shot that will
>>jump out at you, rather than the more subtle feeling of place and mood.
>
>You might try paying attention to the quiet. It's always around, so just
>requires paying attention.

I actually do that quite a bit. Just that I don't think the photos would
interest people much. Here are some photos, all taken one day last week with
Voigtlander 110mm.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/APW4j1Gy73FS3nGW6
This is what an old saguaro cactus looks like. Reminds me of Oak tree bark.

I was on a walk thinking/feeling memories of my wife who died 2.5 years ago,
and recent news that week that a friend, mostly on facebook, passed away
suddenly. This is a photo of Wyatt from his FB page:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wv51bmsTsQHz6Y2g8

I was really hoping to meet up with him since he was back in AZ. He spent the
summer hiking the Pacific Crest Trail in Oregon/Washington. His iPhone photos
were inspiring. He was a great spirit. So death, grief, and loss was on my
mind. I connected to this particular old cactus and felt a peace come over me.
Hard to explain. The thought "life is a stream" and not to be concerned when a
husk is left behind. Why we feel loss? Is it the trance of memory? And to value
the moments I have with people. Most species are just in the continuity ...

Further on the walk:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/q8ksiDv4STbaQ3nk6

and does a rock have Buddha nature?:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/a8CNnYPDG5UxJerJ7

and the day's end.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wFe1pwZgzt5H37N8
Sometimes photos, when viewed raw, don't seem like much until processed.

Earlier that day - looking to see if the 110mm Voigtlander had the pop.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XdtBKLdcH98UzHY56

>I shoot everything, so, over the course of an hour, this very quiet photo
><https://photos.app.goo.gl/tpR1r1N1SS8ckNVBA>
>
>was bracketed by this loud one <https://photos.app.goo.gl/w29hr8LohJ3igGHA6>
>
>this other loud one <https://photos.app.goo.gl/WJ71JDu7SdvU8RBw5>
>
>And this wildly different one. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/XYnvKt3iQNJJHjCa6>
>
>Shoot It If It Moves (You) Moose

Wise advice.

Thank you Peter for spawning some introspective photography with your photo.

WayneS