Re: [OM] sharpening

Subject: Re: [OM] sharpening
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 16:20:05 -0900
There has been a bit of talk in the past about three-stage sharpening.
While I have generally been a fan of that approach, I've altered my
tools to accomplish the task. As a general rule, I'm 100% Lightroom
except for specific processing steps in external tools that do
something better than Lightroom. The sharpening algorithm in Lightroom
is VERY good and there are some tricks with a few cameras that are a
little surprising, but are necessary because of how the GRGB merge
varies as well as the AA filter in the camera.

So, my preferred flow is Lightroom-External-Lightroom.

All the pixel sharpening is in Lightroom, the focus correction or
other nuance sharpening (sharpen for flavor) is external, then output
sharpening is in Lightroom as it's tied into the scaler. A couple
years ago, Adobe fixed the scaler and it's amazing now.

AG Schnozz