Re: [OM] IMG: Sky Replacement - First Attempt.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sky Replacement - First Attempt.
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 08:24:33 -0700
At 11/4/2020 11:01 PM, Moose wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't install that update on Win7
>Unfortunately, I seem to be a lazybones, who doesn't want to go through the
>update, which doesn't work the easy way.

Good to know there is still low hanging fruit keeping fertile ground available
for the botnets.

Consider yourself hereby chastised by the list IDS watchdog.... :-)

Hopefully you also have a good password on your router? Ever update the
router's firmware? or have one that is not good?
https://routersecurity.org/bugs.php

Today's cyber viruses are very stealthy and hard to know they are even there,
compared to the past when they used to cause obvious havoc.

Forget the windows 7 to 10 upgrade (is that a misnomer - upgrade?). Better to
just install 10 fresh on a new disk. I have done a number of 7 to 10 upgrades
and it leaves a lot of crud behind.

However, if you don't want to pay for a new license, it appears you can still
do the upgrade for free. Once upgraded you can then install fresh on a new
drive and, I think, still get the activation. Assuming you are up for the
hassle of it all.

Otherwise, you might want to put a mask on that computer and monitor its
temperature.

paranoid WayneS