[OM] IMG: Copenhagen walk

Subject: [OM] IMG: Copenhagen walk
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:33:59 +0100
I spent the first week of November in Denmark, my first and only visit there
this year, highly unusual for me to go just once, but then this is an unusual
year. I started the visit in Copenhagen, and spent the better part of two days
wearing out my shoe soles around the city. The weather was not bad for
November—a bit of rain the first day, mostly sunshine the second day.

Copenhagen is not my home town, but it is the place where my parents lived the
last years of their lives, and I have my close childhood friend Beata there, so
I have many reasons to visit. I know the city well, but I enjoy discovering
parts of it where I have not been for many years. This was the case on this
trip, when I walked around Christianshavn, a very pictoresque part of the city,
and visited the New Carlsberg Glyptotek, an art museum next to Tivoli, founded
by the son of Carlsberg’s founder in the 19th century, a truly magnificent
place that owes its existence to the Danes’ fondness of beer. I think my last
visit there was with my father, and as he died in 2004, it was some time ago.

A word about Copenhagen’s geography: the city is spread over two islands,
Sjælland (Zealand) where the main part lies, and Amager, a small island which
houses Copenhagen Airport and, close to the centre, a neighbourhood called
Christianshavn, a lovely place where I had not been for several years.

So come along on a 70-image walk through the capital of my country:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/cph_nov2020/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"