Re: [OM] Soft Focus, Abstract and Impressionistic [was Wednesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] Soft Focus, Abstract and Impressionistic [was Wednesday Flowers]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:02:00 -0900
> My dislike of Lensbaby has nothing to do with Lensbaby itself but rather from
> an experience with an overly self-important photography teacher years ago.

My dislike is related to the cliche nature of it. It's a modern-day
version of Cokin Filters.

> I also agree that creating such effects in PS is possible, but most often
> less effective than photos.

Yes. Just about everything is possible in PS, but it looks PS. Optical
effects tend to be a little more "organic". I like the flaws and
imperfections that an optical solution presents. There is a slight
randomness that gives me something to look at. It's the photographic
equivalent of "brush strokes".

AG Schnozz