Re: [OM] A7R4 megapixels

Subject: Re: [OM] A7R4 megapixels
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:50:24 -0900
> I don't have that OM problem. I gave the problem to someone else :-)

Yes, the "Olympus Living History Farm" is alive and well. The chorus
of "use me, use me, use me" from those little kids is deafening.

> Did mention Sharpen AI... maybe I should post the unprocessed versions.

I've been able to achieve much sharpness increase just within
Lightroom. I have a few little tricks I use to pull a bit more out of
the images. The settings vary a lot depending on camera and lens.
There is no one "do this" setting that works every time. But at least
the tools are all there and i'm not suffering. Even the E-1 is seeing
new life.

That said, there is a problem I've been encountering with both the
A7ii and the GX85. Some of the lenses are, uh, too sharp, and since
these legacy lenses have no internal processing profile in the camera
to understand them, I do get quite a bit of aliasing and color
artifacts. I know I'm being weird and over-the-top, but I'm not happy
unless I'm getting "pixel-sharpness". I'm also doing those star chart
tests and definitely find that some lens/camera combinations are not
created equal.

My big issue with the Sony 28-70 kit lens is that it's sharp enough in
the center, but the image falls apart once you get outside of a 5:4
crop. And if vignettes like it's about to pass out.

AG Schnozz