Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight

Subject: Re: [OM] sharp + bokeh with the 110mm Voight
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 23:53:19 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
WS writes:
<<I was curious how many more pixels Helicon Focus raw converter used compared
<<<what ACR does.

My practice is to use raw converters I know well as don't trust stacking
software converters. If don't stack in PS will use DXO or ACR converter wit all
images to be stacked processed all the same or nearly so and stack saved tiff
files then export  a stacked TIFF back to PS.
Modest variations in lighting can be handle by most stacking software but best
to tweak by hand, IMO if that happens.  The stacking software is very very good
at what it does but demosaicing is not a strength.
YMMV,

My 2c, Mike