Re: [OM] MIOPS Flex smart trigger

Subject: Re: [OM] MIOPS Flex smart trigger
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 09:46:44 -0900
> I wish Sonie could get GEO tagging right.

It looks to be an interesting device that addresses a few shortcomings
of these cameras. However, some items are already addressed rather
nicely with both Olympus and Panasonic cameras, while others with
older Canon cameras that support Magic Lantern.

As to GEO tagging, I use a Garmin (of course!!!) GPSMAP 64st whenever
I'm out and about and time-sync the tracks to the images in Lightroom.
It works well. Unfortunately, not all cameras do a good job of keeping
their time accurate. It's always an additional task to do when I get
ready to use a camera to make sure the time is relatively accurate. I
notice that the clock drift is rather troubling with some cameras.

While I really dislike having multiple systems (Sony,
Olympus/Panasonic), there is certainly a nice safety factor there that
I don't have to feel like I'm being left out just because I dress
funny. You never admit to shooting Olympus in "polite company" whereas
Sony is safe.

AG Schnozz