Re: [OM] OK, Flowers, or ?? [was Everything OK on the list?]

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, Flowers, or ?? [was Everything OK on the list?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 21:05:12 -0700
On 4/8/2021 3:41 PM, DZDub wrote:
On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 5:20 PM Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

AAhhh, very much OK now.
First one--don't recognize the flower.  Use the Oly 100-400?  Can't read
exif at work.

Hyacinth with ?60 macro?

Third???   Clearly neutrino paths from Muon decay.  At least I know got
this one right.

List image withdrawal symptoms, Mike

Funny, I came up with exactly the same answer for #3, Mike. :)

Different scale. 😁 Sun through the kitchen window, reflecting off the shiny surface of library binding on the inside of a book cover onto the wall.

Did you see that muons are in the news again? <https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/science/particle-physics-muon-fermilab-brookhaven.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20210408&instance_id=29017&nl=updates-from-the-newsroom-&regi_id=79263528&segment_id=55229&te=1&user_id=a2411c19d66822dbac1885f61b919a09>

I like the second.  The shade of red in the first one does not look natural
to me, but I also am not familiar with the flower.

Freesia. There are lots of colors of them. Went out to check the color. They flower in order along one side of the stem. That one is almost gone, but, based on the one remaining flower, I think the color is pretty accurate. This one is pretty bright red. not much short of garish. Perhaps it could be a tiny bit lighter, but so much depends on the light, and the blooms change color a little as they age.

Here are a couple more that are blooming now.
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ee8nW5MAYxnRched8>
Nice composition.

Thanks!

Frees Ian Moose