[OM] Any E-PLwhatever experience?

Subject: [OM] Any E-PLwhatever experience?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 11:08:55 -0500
My earlier discussion about the feasibility of getting my E-M5 mkI repaired brought the suggestion of getting a PEN body as a secondary to my 5mkIII, which I kinda like because it's smaller and more compact.

It was also suggested (brilliantly, I might add) that I try to get a body that uses the same battery as my mkIII.

Really weird thing is that if I look up the BLS-50 on the Olympus site, it doesn't even list my mkIII as being compatible with that battery...

Regardless, it IS compatible with several of the E-PLsomething bodies as well as a few of the straight PEN bodies. The L models tend to be quite a bit less expensive, which is appealing.

I know there are functional differences. And I know what's good for His Mooseness isn't necessarily good for AG or vice versa (or anyone else, since photography is very subjective) But has anyone used a PL for enough time to decide if it's a good body?

--
Paul Braun WD9GCO
Amateur Radio Newsline Anchor

"Never follow anyone. Be your own hero." -- Neil Peart