Re: [OM] OT: HELP! Win10 Updates

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: HELP! Win10 Updates
From: Lawrence Plummer <PlummerL@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 20:24:16 +0000
But, if anyone has a guaranteed way of stopping these automatic Win10 updates,
I would really like to know.

Nothing found online works.

Chris, this procedure should accomplish it:

To disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

  1.  Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services
  2.  Scroll down to Windows Update in the resulting list
  3.  Double click the Windows Update Entry
  4.  In the resulting dialog, if the service is started, click 'Stop'
  5.  Set Startup Type to Disabled

Don't get me started on comparing Win XP to Win 10. XP is so out of date, it's
a joke. I was an official beta tester of XP. The best part about it was the
unveiling party.

Larry, in Seattle