Re: [OM] Simon's utak zuiko 50/1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Simon's utak zuiko 50/1.4
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 07:30:01 -0700

On 2023-09-26 16:50, Mike wrote:

Thanks Wayne. I enjoy his reviews. I like my high sn OMZ 50/1.4 especially on my 4T. It still renders with more character than most normal range AF zooms at that FL but may not be an ideal "alt" lens for digital under many conditions.
Mike

That is his conclusion. The coatings are too good and optics too good, to be a "good bad lens". I was wondering, though, if the conditions of shooting might want to be different than what he is used to with other alt lenses? For instance this shot:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SirooGackhXuHizKA

has interesting bokeh character (to me anyway) where the background is a further away.

WayneS