[OM] Wrotniak apparently died in 2020. Website is still up for now

Subject: [OM] Wrotniak apparently died in 2020. Website is still up for now
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 15:07:35 -0500
The following appeared in the 2/8/2024 Olympus Digest:
One huge help has been this link:
<http://wrotniak.net/photo/m43/em1.2-sett.html>
It explains things better than the manual. And when his writing gets
sarcastic, you know that the option being discussed is not all that
important for most people.

I often wondered what happened to Mr. Wrotniak.  Updates on his web site just abruptly ended after May 14, 2020.  Doing some digging, the only thing I could find was the following entry in www.searchpeoplefree.com:

Janusz A Wrotniak    Deceased in 2020 at 74 /(1946 or 1945)/ *- *with an address given on Happy Lane in Crofton MD. A dpreview forum post "Any news on J.Andrzej Wrotniak?"from 2012 said that he lived on Happy Lane,  town not given.

I could find no other obituary reference.  There is a current www.mylife.com reference to Janusz Wrotniac, 78 of Crofton, MD, but that is one of those sites whose main purpose is to get you to purchase a report. I suspect the entry exists because no death record was available to close out the entry.

I wonder how the bill for web hosting wrotniak.net is being paid, and how much longer the site will remain up.  Whois lists GoDaddy as the domain registrar, and the registrant organization as Domains By Proxy of Tempe Arizona.  I suspect neither of them does their work for free.

     ----- Larry Woods