Re: [OM] Juvenile Bald Eagle

Subject: Re: [OM] Juvenile Bald Eagle
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 21:49:41 -0800
On 2/28/2024 4:19 PM, usher99--- via olympus wrote:
OK, there may be potential in that shot after all.  Marnie was astounded that it was a
viable as her response to my rendition was a big "meh."

Seeing through the imperfect to the better that may lurk underneath may be art? Truth is, I often do some version of what St. Ansel advocated, pre-imagining /visioning before I trip the shutter. Not always, and it often enough turns out not to work, but useful, nonetheless.

Too bad about the blob--perhaps judicious cloning might work.

That would be the toughest thing.

The deep shadows seemed to fall apart when I lifted the shadows in PS---I have
been in a PP rut.

I load everything into LR, for various reasons, then go from there into PS. I do all basic exposure, highlight, shadow, WB in LR, before going into PS. One may do the same thing in ACR. The point is to work with the Raw data, rather than baking those things into a converted data set, then trying to fix them in PS.

Just investigated a few new dodge and burn techniques.

Always useful.

Under cooked, Mike

Rare Moose
(It's all attitude, under cooked is Bad, rare is Good. 😉