Re: [OM] Hand strap, was:Sticky rubber knobs,...

Subject: Re: [OM] Hand strap, was:Sticky rubber knobs,...
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 10:10:07 -0700
At 3/22/2024 09:19 PM, Moose wrote:
>On 3/21/2024 5:02 PM, Frank wrote:
>>I might add that I use arca swiss compatible quick release L plates on my
>>camera's, like these
>>https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-BAOFU-Release-Aluminium-L-Plate-Olympus/dp/B0CBMV5ZR5/ref=sr_1_6
>>They add some grip, protect the camera and cooperate with tripods easyily.
>>At a small weight penalty of course.
>
>I've played with these from time to time, starting with the Oly Grip Strap for
>film OM bodies. Still have a couple, that worked fine, but don't suit me now.
>No need for the fancy, pricey PD plate. Many solid, third party A-S QR plates
>have a little extension with slot for strap. Tested by me, and work, for MUCH
>less cost.
>
>BTW, the PD wrist strap is a faulty design. No way to fix it at one length.
>The weight of the gear pulls it tight around my wrist. No way to get it off
>without two fully involved hands. I've been thinking about putting a rivet in
>the strap to limit sliding movement.
>
>Well Strapped Moose

I shortened the link from Frank
https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-BAOFU-Release-Aluminium-L-Plate-Olympus/dp/B0CBMV5ZR5/ref=sr_1_6

I have the PD hand cuff, found it problematic for me and what you say also. It
sits in my drawer.

I liked the spiderPro hand strap except for the way it attaches to the bottom
of the camera.
It is always binding up with the PD capture clip, especially after bending it
while changing batteries.
What I did like was the spacer that attached to the upper camera lug.
So I ordered some of these:
https://spiderholster.com/products/service-kit-parts-for-hand-straps
and can use them with the PD Hand Strap (Clutch),
https://www.peakdesign.com/products/clutch
to give more wiggle room for the camera controls.

WayneS