Re: [OM] OM-2 Mysterious Mirror behavior

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 Mysterious Mirror behavior
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 10:11:39 -0600
>The problem is that when shooting test slides, this lens performed
>significantly more poorly than any of my other lenses.  Now I know that a
>tele isn't as sharp as a standard.  But with all my other lenses, I can
>read stock-market page newsprint set at about 19:1 (so the 2 facing
>newspaper pages just fills the frame horizontally) at all but maximum
>aperture.  This lens shows visibly less contrast, and I can clearly read
>the stock quotes only at f/8, 11, and 16.

Although the lens might be out of alignment, an element might be stressed
and about to break too.  If you look through the back of the lens, try to
see if any of the elements appear to be "foggy".  I had a 200/5 die this way.

Oh, after putting a serious dent in the side of my Toyota truck, (long
story), my 100/2.8 is still sharp as a tack.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx