[OM] OLYMPUS VisionAge

Subject: [OM] OLYMPUS VisionAge
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:56:24 -0000
William wrote:

> Sorry to intrude here, but I tried to contact the Olympus club, mentioned
here
> as a source for VisionAge, a few months ago. The phone wasn't answered
and Faxes
> neither, so I let go. I too am interested in old copies of VisionAge
though. I
> think I miss 1-9 and 11 but am not completely sure, so please let me know
if
> they still have any an what postage would be needed.

It is certainly true that the UK Olympus club are SLOW ............ I did
get a few sets of Vision Age for members just over a year ago and they
certainly had all issues then. They are very slow in responding to
enquiries, however, and so if more members wish to buy odd issues or sets
it would be best if we could get all the information together first. Could
I ask list members to contact me direct at keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx by Wednesday
10th. March stating which issue(s) they want. Please note however that:

- each issue costs 1.50UKP, a full set of 19  28.50UKP.
- it will take some time for them to come to me as they are slow.
- I am prepared to order the issues "up front" but I will have to pay in
advance and so you must guarantee that you will pay me when they eventually
arrive - in UKP (unless it is just an odd issue) and including postage to
you! Because they may never arrive I will not ask you to pay me until I
have them and I suggest no money changes ands until then.
- it would make sense to coordinate US purchases - William Sommerwerck has
offered to do this and it would help if I could post all to him and receive
one payment which would also save on currency conversion costs.
- I will keep a list of all e-mails received by Wednesday 10th. March and
will post a message to the list then detailing all requests in case I have
missed anyone.

I cannot remember how much it cost to send a set to the US but perhaps
someone can remind me?

BTW I am happy to do this as a small "repayment" to the many members of the
list from whom I have learned so much and whose "banter" I (usually) enjoy
so much. I always feel a little guilty that I am so busy that I take from
much more than I give to the list.

David