Re: [OM] Camera trade show in Houten (NL)

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera trade show in Houten (NL)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 00:48:37 +0100
Well, I was there too. I arrived a few minutes after noon. Missed a train,
and when I arrived at the Houten train station, no sign of the pendle bus.
After freezing for half an hour I took a train cab. No sign of Zuiks when I
arrived.
The place was too crowded! Too much trouble to get a good look at every
table when there's constantly people standing in front of you. Later in the
afternoon it was better.
Got a few nice items from Jaap Korten. An M.Relay Cord 1.2 m. to reduce the
weight of the motor drive combination, a T Flash Shoe Cord 0.6m. (same as
the one for the F280 but for T flashes; attaches easier and faster than
conventional T cords) and a German book on the OM System (das Lexicon des
OM-Systems). A box for the T20 TTL Shoe adapter was unfortunately empty
because the contents was stolen...
Further more a gun type grip with cable release for tele lenses.
And finally I was made an offer (by an owner of a photoshop in Amsterdam) I
fortunately could refuse: a 350mm/F2.8 Black for Hfl. 5000,- (US$2500). Very
good price, I think. But no. This lens weighs 4 kilo. My Tamron 300/2.8
"only" weighs 2.5 kilo - and can still be hand-held. Maybe these 4 kilo
Super Zuiks are superiour, but their weight reduces the comfort in handling
too much, I think.

Hans