Re: [OM] Powering T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Powering T32
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:23:50 +0100
Artur wrote:

:I know, the T32 flash has a power
:connector. It's supposed to be powered by an AC Adapter (2 or 3). Does
:anybody know if it's possible to power the flash from an external battery
:pack? I have good experience powering the Motor Drive via Relay Cord from
:the M18V grip placed in my iner-pocket and I would like to use the same
:method for the flash. Does anybody know the pin layout of the connector? Is
:there a general-use plug fitting the conector?

The plugs may be a bit of a problem, since I don't think they're really some
sort of a standard. If you could find a very cheap or even broke T20, T32
and Power Bounce Grip 2, you could use the plugs from those... You could
then make your own "T.Relay cord" and carry the grip part of a Power Bounce
Grip 2 in your inner pocket. A bit large and heavy, but it should work.

Alternatively, you could try to locate a good working 315V Power Pack (which
may be quite difficult) and a QA310 Flash (that should be easy). This unit
is an external portable battery unit that only works with the QA310, and
provides very short recycling times (0.5-1.5 sec.) and a large number of
flashes (500 or more).
And of course you would want an OM-2 and Shoe 2 for this flash.

Hans