Re: [OM] Camera trade show in Houten (NL)

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera trade show in Houten (NL)
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Wijsmuller.VanderBel@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:35:28 +0100
OK Frank vL, here's a small contribution.

A very enjoyable show in Houten last sunday. I went there with Erwin
Voogt & friend, who's still subscribed to the digest but has few time
to read. We arrived at 9.10 AM and had to wait in a 100 m. queue.
But nevermind, the moment it got cold we moved into the building.

I was very pleased to encounter two very small caps to fill the holes
for the flashshoe on a prism of the OM-1n or 2n. Actually, it took me
some time to figure out what they were, somehow knowing that I
would like to buy them. Never seen them before... They have no
Olympus sign on it so could be aftermarket (what market?).

Then I bougt a red XA-2 with A-11 flash. Crazy color, but for only
$30 I couldn't resist. Unfortunately the screw-top with which the A-11
is attached to the XA is cracked. Anyone having a spare red lying
around ;-). It still functions though. Frank vL told me he'd seen a
matched red cameracase, but since I didn't even knew of its
existence I missed that. Maybe next time.

Another lucky buy was a metal hood for the 1.4/50, 1.8/50 and
2.8/35. With a very nice chrome ring. When I bought my first OM-2n
a couple of years ago I could choose between a metal and a rubber
one, choosing the latter but finding out later that the metal one was
much rarer (and more, how do you call it, 'authentic').

And I should mention a set of manual extension rings, Frank vL
gave me the opportunity to let me buy them (he had them allready in
his hands). Thanks again.

Sorry to ramble this long, but hey, here's another lucky man.

Greetings,

Frank Wijsmuller,
Zeist NL.