Re: [OM] Long Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Long Zuiko Lenses
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 16:08:02 -0600
Previously, on the OLY list someone wrote:
>>I'd never consider shooting a 400 much less a 500mm without a rock
>>solid support.  One
>>of the best supports for the 300mm, I have used, is a Shoulder Stock.  But,
>>do not use this with a 400mm.

At 09:47 PM 3/8/99 +0100, Ulf you responded in part:

>Maybe you should try it. It took me one years practice and God knows how
>many shots to get an acceptable (OK I'm a slooow learner) to get an
>acceptable image held-hand at 400mm, but once I had done it, the barrier was
>so to say broken. Of course if I wan't to be certain in getting a sharpie I
>have to use a tripod.
>
>Best tele regards
>Ulf Westerberg

Hi Ulf,

I'm kind of envious and astonished that you can handhold these bazookas,
since I usually reach for the tripod just before the 200 comes out of the
bag. Care to share any tips? What's the barrier, metaphorically or
literally, and how did you break it?  Plus, what's the entire combination
of values?  How slow can you go on shutter speeds, etc.?

Cheers,

Joel