Re: [OM] Re: test swans, bisons, and memoirs

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: test swans, bisons, and memoirs
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:47:55 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:

>>one can only imagine what Ken uses his "test" Nutcracker for...  :-O
>
>The "test" Nutcracker is used to tear apart el cheapo Soligor lenses that
>have died merciless deaths on trains in Amsterdam.

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!  Soligors and trainspotting ...  what a, uhm, huh ...
_intoxicating_ idea! :-)

A propos Soligors, I just picked up a very nice looking, multi-coated
17mm f3.5 Soligor in OM mount (very solid, all-metal, with built-in
petal shaped lens hood, 72mm filter).  This lens together with the more
ubiquitous RMC Tokina 17mm f3.5 (alas, not in OM mt :-/ ), is awaiting
evaluation.  I'll report my impressions ASAP.  Meanwhile, the elusive
"el cheapo" 18/3.5 Zuiko continues to elude me :-(

>I gave up my test swans. But I've gained "test" Bison. Is that manly
>enough for you?

Oh, absolutely, "He-Man" Norton!  Just be careful not to..., uhm, huh,
... ruffle their feathers?  :-)

Mahlon Haunschild wrote:

>>Ken, I think the ultimate revenge for this would be to share with the
>>rest of us the ultimate arcane mystery {re: the tutu}, or is that one
>>of those secrets where you would have to kill us if you told us?

To which an anonymous source in Kenneth E. "Starr" Norton's office leaked:

>This all began a while back when G.S. was getting rather creative with the
>poetic verbage of his posts.  It was a given that anything with his sig was
>sure to split your side.  Well, a newbie was asking about the personalities
>on the list and I mentioned that Gary was our "Ballerina of Prose."  He and
>I have been trading friendly barbs ever since.

Oh Ken, why did you tell?  Now we'll _have_ to kill them all :-)
Besides, I just hired a ghost writer to dish out my OLY list memoirs!
A Barbara Walters 2-hr "Kiss and Tell" Special is already in the works...

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx