Re: [OM] Smoke & Mirrors

Subject: Re: [OM] Smoke & Mirrors
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:35:16 -0500
On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:24:55 -0600, Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx> jammed
all night, and by sunrise was overheard remarking:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 09:23:32AM -0500, Dave Haynie wrote:
> > I have a 300mm f5.6 Celestron, which I like quite a bit.

> I have one of these as well, though I haven't used mine very much as yet. My
> only complaint is the little bitty external-thread ND filter for it: I
> haven't figured out what to do with the blessed thing to keep it from
> disappearing in the camera bag.

Ha! I know what you mean. I used to keep it threaded on the lens, but a
couple of times I only remembers to take it off _after_ I had been
shooting for awhile with a less than ideal exposure. Whoops.

Now I keep it (I only have one) in the filter pouch of my large bag. I
found a plastic filter-holder deep enough to house it; many times larger,
but so what. Most of the time, if I need an ND filter, I use one of my
72mms with a step-down to 67mm on the front.
--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One