Re: [OM] fast macros / PEER PRESSURE

Subject: Re: [OM] fast macros / PEER PRESSURE
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:58:50 -0800
Yeah.. I know the feeling about being worked up over a lens... I have it
in me every time a 300mm is mention, a 24mm or an om4ti just by hearing
you chaps speaking about them.... and I've never even seen one.

My latest obsession is this Vivitar Thingy... I know of one that might
still be around and I'm seriously thinking about it.......damn, I'm just
a student, and I need to travel this summer on an exchange... I can't
afford this.... damn... damn.... hehe...!!

anyway... sorry to bother you guys with this stuff!!

Konrad

PCACala@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Kelton writes:
>
> > And here I was thinking that with such a reasonable bunch of people, I might
> > get a few kind souls to say, "Nah, save your money, you don't really need
> > macro glass that fast." You people just won't be happy till every last dime
> > is spent on pricey über-Zuikos, will you?
>
> I believe I posted just that sort of response (re: "start with the f/3.5").
> I'm always cognizant of the emotional influence of marketing and how it can
> make us not think rationally.
>
> Gary Reese
> on the road in Jefferson City, MO

<hr>