RE: [OM] diagonal confusion;

Subject: RE: [OM] diagonal confusion;
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 08:11:23 -0500
Somewhat of a continuation here that may be practical for some.

In 1975, for a period of time I owned one of those beautiful Questor telescopes
and an OM-1.
I tried using my standard 1-1 screen and of course it wouldn't work well on
that focal length.
I called the folks at Questor to see what they recommended and was very
surprised to hear them
recommend the 1-12 screen.  I commented that the screen was designed for
microscopy and it would likely
be a bad application for the screen.

The Questor folks stated that the 1-12 was designed for magnification (think
about it, they said) and worked very well
in that application.

Well, lucky me, I already owned a microscope (Olympus) and a 1-12 screen.  I
tried the 1-12 with the Questor and became a
believer.  Worked wonders and I could see extremely well.  Exposures were fine
and I was happy.
Sometimes it pays to experiment.  It certainly pays to listen.

Brian Huber