Re: [OM] OM-3Ti+ F280 ??

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3Ti+ F280 ??
From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:12:07 -0600
I just acquired an F280 flash, which I intend to use on an OM-3-Ti body.
While I have the instruction booklets for both the 3Ti and the F280, it
is not entirely clear to me what all of my options are (the F280 manual
doesn't mention the 3Ti, while the 3Ti manual says "to use it in Normal
mode, see the F280 manual".  I would be much obliged if someone could
explain it to me (probably off-list) or point me at a more comprehensive
description of what this combination can do.

In the meantime...is there anything seriously wrong with simply setting
the 3Ti to "Auto Flash", setting the F280 to "Super FP", and selecting
aperture to taste?

While I have no plans to do it at the moment - now might be a good time
to ask: can I mount the F280 on a Bounce Grip 2?  Do I lose any
functionality?  What magic cable do I need?

And...in an emergency...is there any point in trying to mate the F280
with an OM-1?  (I'm not sure I'd ever want to, with a T-45 laying about,
but...).  Perhaps I'm still in the market for a T-20 or T-32 for the
OM-1 bodies?

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213