[OM] Re: Really Right Stuff/Dinosaurs

Subject: [OM] Re: Really Right Stuff/Dinosaurs
From: "George M." <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:22:16 -0800
MorrisMini@xxxxxxx wrote:

> George:
>
> <<PS: So, he didn't use the 'D' word on you? Did he explain to you what a
> schmuck you are for using Olympus equipment?
> >>

> Horrors!  The "D" word!  My sweet lily white ears couldn't have handled that.
> All seriousness aside, if a Philistine doesn't know any better than to rag on
> good (if maybe a bit obscure in the whole world sense) equipment, it's his
> loss.  Ya' can't teach a know-it-all much.  Still, I like his products.
>
> -Tim Clark

Tim;

I agree with your logic. And I like his equip too. Unfortunately with
his attitude I really can't use his stuff at all, cause if I can't mount
one lens on it, whatamigonnado, buy another mounting system for just
that one lens? Keep a separate tripod?

The one thing he offered to do for me was check to see if any of his
existing plates would fit the hole pattern on the 350.  I need to send
him a drawing of the tripod mount for that.

As for the 'D' word, perhaps we should take control of our love of this
obscure equipment and coin our own term for the likes of us?

To that end, I nominate: 'Zuikosaurs'

George