Re: [OM] Why would someone pay too much for something on eBay? Here's w

Subject: Re: [OM] Why would someone pay too much for something on eBay? Here's why I ...
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:56:57 -0500
<<Local service. If my OM-1 had problems back in '75, I would
  have taken it back to Olden's, necessitating a trip to NYC with
  my Dad (since I couldn't ride my 10-speed that far) or a
  shipment. Some want it to be as close to the neighborhood as
  possible, and will pay for that.>>

I bought my OM1 at Oldens around the same time.
At the time I was working on 23rd street and loved to
take that stroll up to "the camera district" on a spring day.
I was buying mostly 4x5 and 8x10 then.  What service!
Do you remember how much you paid for your OM1?
I keep thinking $175.  But I am guessing.
Mine came with the 50mm 1.8 ev case and matching neck strap.
It is still the best stuff I have ever owned. all still vg cond.
(except maybe the Rollieflex twin lens 2 1/4 with the 2.8 Planar).

Charlie L.