Re: [OM] Bounce Grip repair - John Hermanson advice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip repair - John Hermanson advice?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:01:02 EST

<< I'm thinking
 thickened cyanoacrylate but I'm open to suggestions.

The best bonding material I've found for the requirement of filling cracks in
stress areas is called "JB Weld" which is some type of sintered or powdered
metal in a 2 part epoxy base.  The stuff hardens so well you can drill and tap
it.  If you can drill it and insert some metal dowels made from paper clip
parts, you can also greatly strengthen the bond.  If you have enough surface
area the cyanoacrylate stuff is good but once an area has been cracked and
stressed it's difficult to put it back together again.

Warren