Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Rays

Subject: Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Rays
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:39:19 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, John Hudson wrote:

> ...also,  can you please refer to the previous postings which dealt with
> this issue.

  Splurge and buy the 4/99 Popular Photography, a lot of this is right
there. I have not kept the posts and private letters on this matter.
    [Why am I getting that "20 questions" feeling ?]
      Sorry. Try using Deja News and/or any decent search engine & input
X-ray, or CTX film damage. This is hardly a new topic of discussion
on Usenets and on almost any major manufacturer's mailing list(s).

  Just another problem for any traveler/photographer. At least solutions
are easily available for those who wish to safeguard their film with
confidence.

                                 *= Doris Fang =*

Ps. I find it humorous that John Hudson squawked at Fed Ex's "no-x-ray"
claim, yet blithely accepts Sima's (and they have a direct fiduciary
interest, as opposed to FedEx, who would have a potential liability if
they were lying. Ever read the Sima disclaimer in the small print ?).

Pps. Has anyone here experienced X-ray damage (banding) from sending
      mailers to Fuji or Kodak via USPS ? Just curious. I never have.