Re: [OM] Re:Super FP Flash (as I understand it)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Super FP Flash (as I understand it)
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:20:57 -0500
<<A folding Litedisc is heavier, will not fit in a camera bag and you need
an
assistant.>>

A F280 is $195. A 22' litedisc is $21.50. If the photographer can't carry a
reflector
I guess he must spend $195 for less controlled fill.
If the camera is on a tripod you can hold the reflector yourself.

>You would probably need a ND filter to slow the shutter down to 1/2000.
>(top speed on a OM 4Ti)

<<Umm, no. Not unless you're shooting 400 film (why?). Do the math.>>

Have I figured this wrong? Sunny 16
Iso 100 f-16 at 125
            f-11 at 250
            f-8 at 500
            f-5.6 at 1000
            f-4 at 2000
            f-2.8 at 4000
            f-2 at 8000
less 1.5 stops = 3000

Some one tell me if I figured this wrong.

<<Bad example, Monte shoots medium format which means he has leaf shutters
(1/500 sync) and the fastest lenses are f4. I was referring to the 35mm
world. Does anyone really read Shutterbug for the articles?>>

Monte is one fine example of someone who uses portable fill flash for top
quality professional portraits.  That was my point.
I don't know what leaf shutters and format have to do with weather portable
fill flash is for amateur grab shots only or is a viable tool for
professional photography.

Charlie L.

Ps:  I don't have a lot of interest in Super FP with what I have heard here
so far.
I am only trying to understand what has been discussed so far.
Anyone that takes my comments as if I _know_ is mistaken. :-)