Re: [OM] A flashy question...

Subject: Re: [OM] A flashy question...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:52:23 EST
Hi Steve:

Based on lots of olden day experience with an OM-2 and a Quick Flash 310, I
believe you could get by with flashing at auto if the shutter speed stayed
below 1/40th, or so.  The reason for not stating 1/60th is the discrepancy
between the exposure time indicated in the viewfinder and the actual exposure
time.  They aren't necessarily one and the same.  The 1/40th guideline gives
you a margin of error.  At above 1/60th, the flash won't fire because it
senses that the sync limit is exceeded.

I just picked up two like new looking Olympus shoe cords (TTL Auto Cord) for
the 310 flash and OM-2.  If you or anyone is interested, I'll sell these for
$20 apiece, plus postage.  They are coiled and extend to around 4.5 feet.  I
loved mine for bounce flash and holding it extended to reduce red eye and give
better shadowing.  Sentimental value probably got me to overpay on these, so
consider them a bargain.

Please respond offline.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV