Re: [OM] A flashy question...

Subject: Re: [OM] A flashy question...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:23:37 EST
John H. writes:

> In the original OM-1 & 2 instruction books, there may be a reference to
>  using 1/30 as the flash sync speed.

Rest assured that 1/60th is the flash sync speed.  I double-checked "The
Olympus OM Way" to see if that is where I got my 1/40 or 1/50th technique
from.  It wasn't mentioned, although the cautionary statement about shooting
at 1/30th or below was.  I suppose I just developed it out of experience.

Keeping the shutter speed in the finder to below 1/60th was a major pain for
me in field use of the OM-2 with the Quick Flash 310.  I was a happy camper
when I upgraded to the T-32 and OM-2S, although I continued to long for a
1/125th or better sync speed.  Syncro-sunlight flash flower photography in
breezy conditions  has always been a problem for me with the OM System.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV