Re: [OM] "Cheap" 25mm Automatic Extension Tube

Subject: Re: [OM] "Cheap" 25mm Automatic Extension Tube
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:06:45 -0600
>I have to underexpose shooting most things including fuscia (assuming you
>mean the color and not your cat Fuscia) when doing macro with a flash OTF.

No cats, and I was referring to the color, not Fuji's new emulsion.  For
some reason, Fuji films get a weebit too saturated when shooting hot pink.

>What are you finding in the prairie these days?

Dead grass.   <g>

Today there was quite a bit of sprouts punching up through the soil.  Bison
are getting closer to calving time.

>Wasn't too bad a couple
>weeks back with that heavy snow on the tall grass. Spring beauties will be
>here before long, and dutchman's breeches.

During that snowstorm I piled the family in the Jeep Cherokee and headed
over to the prairie hoping to get pictures of Bison braving the elements.
All we saw that day was snow going horizontal in the stiff wind.  The
critters were all huddled together in a remote corner of their 800 acre
paddock so therefore no joy.  Did get a few pictures that day with Sensia
pushed two stops, but haven't developed them yet.  I guess some of us are a
little nuts:  Major winter snowstorm (yeah right, this Michigander is hard
to impress), major highways closing, etc., and we are adventuring out into
the mess VOLUNTARILY, seeking a little bit of fun.  And then to top it all
off, I bundle up and walk a mile or so around in wide open rolling prairies
in 50 foot visibilities taking pictures.  Funny thing--we didn't see
anybody else out there that day.  Sure, we were in 4WD, but the snow wasn't
THAT deep--the drifts couldn't have been anymore than 18 inches.

Joel, seeing your email address as being an University of Iowa address, I'm
assuming you call the Iowa City area home.  Anything over that way worthy
of making the hour trip from the highlands of Newton?  How about the river
flats over by the "Colonies?"

Ken (I don't work for Maytag!!!!) Norton

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306