RE: [OM] Auto Exposure Times & The Ideal Meteor Catcher

Subject: RE: [OM] Auto Exposure Times & The Ideal Meteor Catcher
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:06:38 -0500
>David wrote:
>
>The thing to keep in mind is that even though it gives you a long exposure
>there is no guarantee of the accuracy.  My guess is that with very low light
>levels, leakage currents within the exposure/timing circuit probably have a
>major contribution in determining the actual length of the exposure.
>Perhaps the "spec" is the longest exposure for which the exposure/timing
>circuits are reasonably accurate.

It would be interesting to know what the actual current levels are. I
assume to get the long exposure, the light metering is being
integrated. I have a used OM-4T that will only time for 12 seconds with
the cap on, while my newer OM-4Ti will do close to 4 minutes. I suspect
leakage to be a problem. If it is being integrated, is there an analog
integrator? Does anyone know what the internal circuitry is?

Wayne