[OM] Vivitar S1 35-85 F2.8

Subject: [OM] Vivitar S1 35-85 F2.8
From: "Frank Costa" <Red_Rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:50:00 -0800
    I finally received this lens today, and I had one concern. At 26 oz.
(and boy, it sure feels like it), is there any possibility of putting too
much pressure on the camera mount when the lens is tripod mounted? Or maybe
I'm over-reacting. Anyway, what I know about the different variables that
make a great lens could fit on the head of a pin, but the image I see on my
screen sure looks great. It surely met my expectations of "beefy", and I can
tell it's original intent was probably not your average snapshooter. Anyone
know what the original street value was on this lens? Is there a published
test I can find?