Re: [OM] Zuiko medium tele lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko medium tele lenses
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:46:23 -0800
Just my two cents worth based solely on my experiences - YMMV.  The Zuiko
135mm f/2.8 MC is a very fine lens.  Smallish, bright, all the good things
one can attribute to a lens.  Long out of production, good used ones are
available.  Don't forget the 85mm f/2 either.  A genuine asset to any lens
ensemble.  Were it not for the 90mm f/2 macro in my bag, I'd get a 100mm
f/2 - just can't find a way to justify it.....yet <g>.  Available new still,
it is an excellent portrait lens.

For third party, I use a Tokina 80-200 f/2.8 ATX.  Olympus does not cover
this focal range at this f/ratio.  Big, fast, heavy and relatively expensive
(compared to other third party glass) it certainly delivers.  It lives on
one of my bodies almost full time.  Sadly, it too is no longer available
new.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"