Re: [OM] Burning bounce grip... and flash???

Subject: Re: [OM] Burning bounce grip... and flash???
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:45:23 +0100

Larissa G wrote:
-----
>Subject: [OM] Burning bounce grip... and flash???
>
>Hello gang, Ive been searching the archives to answer my questions, but now I
>have another: I read that some one had (a problem?) their T32 mounted on the
>grip 2, and heard a high-low-high-low-high.....cycling hum of the flash. Mine
>does this, I can also see in the view finder the flash-ready light brighten
>and dim in sync with the hum.....is this normal? Will I have a meltdown???
>This leads me to another question: bounce grip2 meltdown; is this caused by
>the above condition, or is this a different problem??? Please help, I cant
>wait to use thses items, but I dont want to ruin them, as they were a gift. If
>they do need service, where can I have this done, or can I fix these myself (
>yes I dabble a bit in electronic stuff.....simple soldering/ testing with a
>DMM, auto electrical systems...) and what do I need to fix them...wiring
>schematic???
>

> Please help me gang.....      Thanks Again to the OLY group.....  Larrisa G.
-----

My BG II has the same behaviour with both my T32's. I don't use the BGII that
often, but it has not let me down yet. Also the behaviour was described as
normal by the shopowner who sold me the BGII on a trade show (but that COULD be
in his own interest however). However, FvL told me that I could trust him as he
has dealt with him before.

When using the BGII and the T32 both filled with NiCad's Full-Flash charging
time is reduced from about 8 sec's to about 1,5-2 sec's, so repetitive shots can
be done much faster. Also, this combo is far fster than using the AC adapterII
with the T32, which gives recycling times of about 10 sec's without NiCad's in
the T32.

So, AFAIK fire away!

Wiliam