Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Wide Angles
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:20:52 EST
Glen writes:

> I was hoping to trade my 24/2.8 (SC) for a 24/2 that I spotted the other day
>  (not sure if it is MC or not so I'll have to go back and check)

All 24mm f/2 's are multi-coated.

>  Is it just that this lens is a bit soft wide open?

Yup, most lenses are.  Lenses also vignette wide open, which is another
disturbing aspect to the image.

I'll get the other lenses tested, eventually.  I'll probably be back at it
real soon.  I would have had them shot, but I didn't get lucky with a possible
one stop source.

Gary Reese
Las Vegasm NV