Re: [OM] OM-4 Flash Solution

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Flash Solution
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:34:36 -0500
Chip,
  I haven't found that the exact location of the slave to be that
critical.  The alter has a statue near the back and I just lay the flash
on a bench off to one side and aim it at about 45 deg, up and pointed at
the center of the back wall.  I do use a defuser on it to eliminate
harshness in any possible shadows.  With two T32's at the camera/tripod,
the vivitar doesn't really enter into the exposure that much, it is
included in the OTF exposure by the OM2n (and OM2/om4 etc.).  I used the
Vivitar SL-2 slave sensor this last time but any slave sensor should
do.  The T32 on the shoe is angled upwards to provide bounce lighting
from above and the other T32  provides most of the frontal light.
  Using relatively fresh batteries in the flashes and the BG2 I find
that it takes much longer to settle down 25 people than to charge three
strobe units.  You can also mix a T20 and a T32 or even two T20's.  Like
I said the limit is nine T series flashes can be controlled by the OTF
control of the camera.  Another use is two T20's on a Macro Shoe Ring
using Duo Synch cords or a multi conn and TTL cords.
  I got an OM4 recently but haven't gotten to the point of comfort/trust
with it yet.  With the OM4 it's nice because you can shoe mount one
flash and then use a TTL cable to the BG2 for the other flash.
  So many options, so little money!
Rand E.