Re: [OM] Cleaning an OM300/4.5 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning an OM300/4.5 lens
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:23:09 +0100 (MET)
On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, John Hermanson wrote:

> Ponds cold cream, or almost any variation is excellant for cleaning
> lenses.  Also, at N*k*n we used........face oil....that's right, with
> equivalent results.  Rub finger on oily area of face, now rub into
> fungus infecte area of glass.  Believe it or notttt.

In fact, that makes perfect sense. The face oil is a natural substance
that eliminates fungus or any other bacteria on the skin, naturally.
Similarly, ponds cold cream is also known to reduce the risk of skin
infection. They should really *kill* the bacteria - or whatever.

But, then, how do you clean the cream, or (er...) oil from the lens??

OMer