[OM] film here or there? was Fast Wide Angles

Subject: [OM] film here or there? was Fast Wide Angles
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:05:29 -0800
Garth, I take my own film along, in a clear zip-lok bag.  Makes it easy to
present for inspection.  The new translucent film canisters are good (Fuji
has been that way for some time I understand, Kodak is just figuring it out)
so its easy to see its really just film in there.  Leave your camera body
empty.  They like to look inside.  I got zapped that way once - the eager
inspector popped the back open before I could say a word!  Make it easy for
them.  If you have a modest amount of film, say less than 10 rolls, stuff it
in your pockets.  Empty your pockets into the little trays at the metal
detectors, walk thru and refill your pockets.  Not too awkward if you are
wearing an overcoat.  I take it you have a reasonable command of French -
asking in French will help a bunch.

As I recall, film is more than just a bit more expensive there too.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"

Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

By the by, anyone on this list have any recommendations vis-a-vis buying
film at your destination vs. taking it with you?  I'm finding the hassle of
security personnel hand-inspecting all my film to be more irksome as I get
older and lazier.