[OM] View Camera Converter for the OM

Subject: [OM] View Camera Converter for the OM
From: "Tomoko Yamamoto" <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 21:11:32 -0500
I don't remember how long ago, but there was a thread in the past with respect
to the possible shift and tilt capabilities for the OM.  I also recall vaguely
that Rodenstock lenses were mentioned.

Today I received a batch of my SAL shipments I made in Tokyo last Saturday.  I
thought I received the extremely fast shipments for SAL.  One of the items I
picked up at Yodobashi was a catalog of photography and video show '99.  I
noticed this probably because I acquired a new Zuiko 24mm shift and I just had a
conversation with someone about a view camera in connection with the shift lens
discussions.

It looks like that one needs a View Camera converter body for 35mm SLR, a lens
panel for specific Rodenstock lens, and a specific mount for a given 35mm SLR.
It is not clear to me that the lens panel referred to in the following URL
includes a lens itself.

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/horseman.htm#Label14

The Japanese prices for the three components add up to about $1600 assuming 20%
off list and ¥120 to the dollar. Compare this to the US price for the Zuiko 24mm
shift at $1680.

Tomoko Yamamoto
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/