Re: [OM] "Slave Sensor" Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] "Slave Sensor" Flash
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 08:33:28 -0600
A slave sensor or trigger is attached directly to a remote flash, usually via
the PC connection.  A photocell in the slave detects the flash from any other
flash unit in the room and the slave circuit closes the trigger on the flash to
which it is attached.  The slaved flash thus needs no connection to any other
unit.

Slaved flashes work well but one must be very careful about connections and
placement (line of sight) for reliable operation.

Gary Edwards

.