Re: [OM] Tele-Converter

Subject: Re: [OM] Tele-Converter
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:58:37 -0800
  OM's tele-converters are available used at
>reasonable
>prices; other makers converters are dirt cheap.  Are these non-Zuiko
>ones
>particularly undesirable ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chip Kinkead
>St. Louis, MO

         Chip,

          The answer to your second question is yes. Be very wary of off-
        brand teleconverters. Olympus would be best, and maybe Tamron or
        Tokina (7 element) may possibly work well. I have a Tamron 2x I
        use on my AF camera that works well. On the other hand, my only
        2x I have (haven't thrown it away yet ;)) was a Dejur. Connected
        to the 300mm f4.5, the pics where beyond horrible. But, as everyone
        else has said, if you can find/afford the bigger lens, that's best.

                                                    enjoy,
                                                     Brad